The way to “show up” everyday for your marriage and make it thrive, not just survive is by doing small things every day to show you care. Adopt the motto “small things often.” Each day look for small ways to engage and respond to your spouse. Look for simple ways to acknowledge them, and show support. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Give them their first cup of coffee in the morning
- Greet them or say goodbye each day with a hug and kiss
- Do the dishes, or at least load or unload the dishwasher.
- Do their chores when you notice they are stressed or tired
- Leave small encouraging notes
Your small actions and behaviors will display love and increase intimacy. Small consistent displays of love and affection will help you build and maintain mutual respect and create a happy, healthy and successful relationship.