Gratitude gives life to your heart. Scripture says that from your heart “flows the springs of life”. A grateful heart gives life and energy to itself and all those around. Pause for a moment. How does your heart feel when you express gratitude to God or someone else. How do you feel when someone else expresses gratitude to you. If feels like love and hope is being poured into you. Gratitude given or received creates life. Ask God daily to give you a grateful heart. Overwhelming hope and love will will flow from the springs of life as you give and receive gratitude.
Keep your heart with all vigilance,
for from it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:23
Here are some quotes that may inspire you.
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”William Arthur Ward
- “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” G.K. Chesterton
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” John F. Kennedy
- “Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Melody Beattie
- “Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out.” John Wooden
- “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.” Robert Braathe
- We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~Thornton Wilder
- Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all. ~William Faulkner
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
Which quote do you like best? Do you have any you would add?